Following the results of our Next City contest, we contacted early-MonkeyParkers around the world to get more info regarding the top 5 cities. We got a lot of precious insights… and a lot of support!
After being fighting like monkey warriors against any kind of accusation it makes you feel so good to find someone who is just on your side. We love you guys, really!
Taking into account Next City votes and information provided by early-MonkeyParkers we finally got a winner: Southern California! We launched in Santa Monica and Beverly Hills on August 2014. That’s exciting… MonkeyParking strikes back!!!
Now you may think: “Oh look at those guys, they have been banned from one city and what they do is just launching in another place?” WRONG!!!
We took into serious consideration any concern that has been made regarding our service and we worked hard to build a platform ensuring a trustful MonkeyParkers community.
We are proud to announce our new shining “MonkeyReputation System”. The system is fed by three data sources:
- Users’ in-app behavior
- Users’ location coordinates
- Users’ feedback on other users’ behavior
By processing these data we can moderate the whole MonkeyParking ecosystem incentivizing good users and avoiding abuses. As an example, max two daily transaction per user avoids spot squatting and people doing it as a job. Moreover, by tracking user location and speed we can identify and ban people holding spots by standing still on them. Above all, we believe that MonkeyParkers are good guys and we will heavily rely on their feedbacks on other users’ behavior.
We already implemented a v1.0 of MonkeyReputation system in the current app, but we keep working on it with the help of our MonkeyParkers.
If you want to check it, take some time and come parking in Santa Monica or Beverly Hills, we will provide $5 free credit for you!
p.s. Here are some tips we learned along the way:
- SantaMonica tip#1: there’s a narrow strip of asphalt running between the “hidden lots” behind Main Street where you can park for free.
- SantaMonica tip#2: if you’re going out for a night on the town, Ocean Avenue offers free street parking from 6pm-9am.
- Beverly Hills tip#1: parking is less expensive south of Wilshire Blvd., but parking is always more expensive along Beverly and Doheny Drives.
- Beverly Hills tip#2: most of the city owned parking structures offer free parking for the first 2 hours.